ASHLAND ARTISAN EMPORIUM, LLC
1670 ASHLAND STREET, ASHLAND, OREGON 97520
This lease shall commence from _________________________________, 20________, for a lease term of ____________________________ (month-to-month or 3 month). Upon completion of the lease term, it will be at the discretion of the Lessor to renew the lease on a month-to-month agreement. If Lessee makes no attempt to contact management at the end of their lease term it will be assumed that they are vacating the premises at the date of their lease completion. Either Lessee or Lessor may terminate a tenancy for any reason upon 30 days written notice to the other party.
Lessee is to provide crafts, collectibles, and/or artwork approved by Lessor to be sold through Ashland Artisan Emporium. Lessee shall not perform any acts or carry on any practices which may damage the building or be a nuisance to other tenants in the building or use the premises for any purpose contrary to public or city ordinances. Lessee shall under no circumstances sublease this space. However, sharing between booth spaces is allowed as long as management is fully aware of this partnership and is provided with accurate contact information for all parties involved.
The lessee agrees to pay the Lessor the sum of ___________ per month, which consists of (a) ____________________ space(s). Lessee will occupy space #_________. The first month’s rent may be prorated if the move-in date is after the 15th of the month. Upon signing this lease Lessee shall also pay a deposit equal to last month’s rent which shall be held in reserve by the Lessor to be applied towards lessee’s last month of occupancy, which will be determined by the completion of their lease or the date a thirty (30) day written notice is received by Lessor regarding Lessee’s intent to vacate the premises. Lessor will invoice Lessee for rent monthly. Rent is due on the first calendar day of each month. It will be considered late on the 15th. Daily email sales alerts will be provided at the monthly charge of two (2) dollars if Lessee elects to receive them. Electricity to booth is an additional, optional monthly charge of five (5) dollars. If Lessee elects to use electricity in their booth it is required that all sources be on a timer.
4. NON-PAYMENT OR OTHER BREACH:
A late fee of $20.00 shall be assessed if Lessee’s rental payment is more than thirty (30) days late. Lessee agrees to pay a fee of $50.00 for any check return with insufficient funds. Should Lessee remain in default beyond sixty (60) days without payment of special arrangement with Lessor, Lessee shall be deemed in breach of this agreement and the Lessor shall have the right to immediately terminate this agreement, to take possession of the premises and to expel or remove Lessee or any other person occupying the same, and to place a landlord’s lien upon all inventory in Lessee’s space, to sell such inventory and to apply the sales proceeds to unpaid rent, late fees, returned check fees, and Lessor’s 15% commissions.
Lessee agrees to pay Lessor a commission equal to 15% of the gross amount of all sales to be deducted by and paid to Lessor daily. All items listed under consignment (and under Lessee’s specific consignment number) shall be subject to 25% sales commission. See CONSIGNMENT section.
6. LESSOR’S OBLIGATIONS:
· Lessor shall provide store facilities, sales services, shopping bags, and pay merchant processing (credit card fees) and all utilities for premises. Specialty packing will be provided by Lessee nonexclusive.
· Lessor shall handle all sales, Lessee shall not sell inventory directly to purchasers. Lessor shall pay Lessee Eighty-five (85) percent of gross sales made on Lessee’s behalf, less any amounts otherwise owing to Lessor, including without limitation rent and late fees.
· Sales proceeds shall be paid to Lessee by the 5th of each month for sales made from the 1st through the end of the prior month. Lessee shall be provided with an itemized accounting of Lessee’s sales per pay period.
7. LESSEE’S OBLIGATIONS
· Decorating and finishing leased space area. If pegboard will be painted or altered, management approval must first be obtained. Upon the completion of Lessee’s lease they may be asked to return the pegboard to its original condition or be charged a fee of $100 to repaint their space.
· Lessee will track Lessee’s own inventory, tagging merchandise with proper identification of booth number price and description of item. If an item is placed in the booth that is not for sale, it must be clearly marked NFS.
· Lessee shall maintain the space in a clean and pleasing manner at all times.
· Lessee understands that Lessor provides no workman’s compensation insurance for the benefit of the Lessee and that in no event shall Lessee be considered an employee, agent or workman of Lessor.
· The leased spall shall be used for no other purpose other than for the sale of approved merchandise, at the discretion of the Lessor. If Lessee contracts custom work through a contact made through Ashland Artisan Emporium, LLC, all sales made through that contact will be subject to the 15% commission owed to Lessor.
· Booths must be set up and ready for sales within 5 business days of Lessee’s move-in date.
· If Lessee is disruptive to the harmony and productivity of the store, management may terminate Lessee’s lease and ask the vendor to vacate within 24 hours.
· Lessee has the option to obtain his/her own hazard insurance on his/her inventory. Lessee bears the risk of loss or damage to Lessee’s inventory or other personal property from any cause.
· Time of payment and performance is of the essence. Lessor’s delay in exercising any right or remedy provided by this agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such right or remedy.
· Lessee represents and warrants that Lessee is the sole owner of the entire inventory located in the rented space or has absolute right to sell and transfer good and marketable title to such goods.
8. POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Ashland Artisan Emporium, LLC, carries a major fire and general liability policy on the property, but does not carry insurance on Lessee’s merchandise. It is the responsibility of the Lessee to provide His/Her own insurance. Neither the management nor the owners of the building or business shall be responsible or liable in event of fire, theft, breakage, mysterious disappearance, acts of God or any damage however caused. It is recommended that valuable items be in a locked case within the booth. A key will be kept behind the counter. Every possible effort will be taken to protect the merchandise at all times.
Some customers ask management to inquire about price reductions on merchandise. As a store policy Ashland Artisan Emporium, LCC, will not call Lessee on inquiries that are under fifty (50) dollars in value; however, Lessee has the option to refuse bartering at all. Please indicate preference. Will Lessee accept calls regarding bartering? Y or N (circle one) Lessee is also allowed to specify a different minimum price at which they will accept bartering inquires. Please list it here $__________.
Some customers request an item to be purchased on a layaway plan. Ashland Artisan Emporium, LLC,’s policy is that the item must be paid in full within sixty (60) days from the date of purchase. If the customer does not pay for the item in full within the sixty (60) day period, the installments are forfeited and the Lessee retains the payments according to commission schedule, as well as the item in question. Do you wish to participate in layaway? Y or N (circle one) Lessee is also allowed to specify a different minimum price at which they will accept layaway. Please list it here $__________.
11. WALL SPACE
Wall space will be defined as the usable space of pegboard and limited to six (6) inches of floor space as measured from the base of the pegboard out into the aisle way.
Ashland Artisan Emporium, LLC, provides an expansive floor space for consignment furniture. Lessees may participate in consignment under a different, specific consignment number. Lessor shall pay Lessee seventy-five (75) percent of gross sales made on Lessee’s behalf, less any amounts otherwise owing to Lessor, including without limitation rent and late fees. All merchandise placed on consignment must be approved by a manager before being placed in the store. If an item is approved it will be given specific tags provided at the front desk. Each item, once approved, will be allowed three (3) months on the consignment floor and must be reduced each month. The amount reduced is under the Consigner’s discretion; however, if a Consigner fails to reduce their items within a thirty (30) day period management will automatically reduce each item by 15%.
Lessee’s consignment number ___________.
LESSEE PRINTED NAME__________________________________________________________________
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF MERCHANDISE
BY SIGNING BELOW YOU ACKNOWLEGE THAT THE ABOVE INFORMATION IS CORRECT AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LEASE.